My kids love it when I pull out our Yonanas to make great fruit-based treats. I have not tried using pumpkin yet, but this recipes sounds tasty.It’s hard to cut back on those bad-for-you foods, especially when pumpkin pie is in
It’s hard to cut back on those bad-for-you foods, especially when pumpkin pie is in season. With the help of Yonanas, a small kitchen gadget that turns frozen fruits into an “ice cream” texture, hosts can make their guests a fall pie with flavor on par with what a traditional pie has to offer yet with health in mind! Yonanas desserts contain no dairy, added sugar or artificial ingredients. Try the Pumpkin Pie Yonanas recipe for a healthy twist on this fall favorite.
- 2 frozen over-ripe bananas
- 3 frozen spiced pumpkin cubes (see step 1 below)
- 1/3 cup ginger snap cookies (crumbled)
- Make the Spiced Pumpkin Cubes in advance: In a bowl, combine one 15 oz. can pumpkin puree with 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp ground cinnamon and ½ tsp ground nutmeg. Spoon spiced pumpkin puree into ice cube trays and freeze. One spiced pumpkin cube is approximately 1 oz. Makes approximately 15 cubes.
- Slightly thaw your frozen fruit prior to putting through your Yonanas maker.
- Insert one frozen banana
- Add 3 oz. frozen spiced pumpkin cubes
- Insert second frozen banana
- Sprinkle crumbled ginger snap cookies on top, and enjoy!